FTX bring you a glimpse of the future with the Futura 1/6 concept buggy. Modeled on a real design idea, the Futura brings to life how future off road dune buggies may well appear in the years to come. With its radical lines and design cues, the Futura is sure to stand out from the well-trodden paths of traditional looking buggies and trucks.
But enough about its looks. The Futura has a lot more to offer. A hinged roll cage body frame provides easy access to the chassis’ internals where twin moulded race seats provide cover for the twin lipo battery housing along the chassis. The compact mid-motor gearbox design has all metal gears and a slipper to provide maximum durability when harnessing the awesome brushless power.
Up front and hidden way from view under the moulded dashboard you are assisted with the steering by a plug in gyro unit, enabling to control those sideways moments. Big bore aluminium oil filled shocks soak up the bumps, while the thick one-piece 3mm aluminium chassis provides a solid platform for the Futura to perform.
If you like your r/c models big and powerful and have the space to unleash the Futura’s full potential then this is your calling.
- Metal gear transmission and differentia
- 2wd Mid-Motor chassis design
- Adjustable slipper drive
- Aluminium oil filled shocks
- 3mm aluminium chassis
- 2.4ghz radio system
- 15kg steering servo
- Steering gyro unit for low traction driving
- Factory printed body panels
- Hinged roll cage for centre chassis access
- Adjustable camber front and rear
- Adjustable shock mounting, droop
- High traction, all terrain mounted tyres
- Hobbywing WP 160Amp Brushless ESC
- Brushless Motor 4076-kv2350
- Compatible up to 6S LiPo (With metal spur gear)
- Optional metal spur gear included
Scale Size: 1/6th
Wheel Dia: 148mm (Fr)/153mm (Rr)
Wheel Width: 53mm (Fr)/70mm (Rr)
Ground Clearance: 70mm
Gear Ratio: 1:12.8
This kit in sold as a 90% RTR (Ready-to-run) format and requires 2x LiPo 2S batteries, 1 x LiPo Charger and 4x AA batteries for completion.